Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 32 - The Broccoli in a Salad

Hello blog.

This day was pretty familiar ground. I had bacon and eggs with lightly buttered rye toast in the morning. They gave me potatoes even though I asked them not to, and I expertly did not eat a single bite of them.

Then for dinner I had one of these:

The grilled chicken garden salad from Chick-Fil-A. Somebody mentioned Chick-Fil-A salads in the comments and I thought I'd give it a try.

They were right. This has been one of my favorite salads. I especially liked the presence of broccoli, which I love and which is something you don't often find. And it even came with roasted sunflower kernels (wow).

I had it with reduced fat berry vinaigrette dressing. Less than 500 for the whole salad, and a little over 700 for the breakfast. I had about 200 worth of chocolate pocky as a snack in the evening, so about 1400 calories for the day.

This is pretty amazing that I've been able to eat meals of less than 1500 calories without being dominated by a desire to eat more. My binge eating disorder really is in check right now.

I think the worst meal I've done in the past 32 days was below 1500 calories, and it hasn't happened all that often. Coming from eating 2,000+ calorie meals 2 - 4 times a day, I feel like I'm making real progress.

And I'm eating salads. I think I've eaten more salads in 2010 so far than I've eaten in all of 2009.

Until tomorrow,
Eric

3 comments:

  1. I think most people find that as they eat more real food and less processed, physical cravings and desires to "just eat" lessen. I hope that's the case for you too.

    Enz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job today!

    That salad looks freakin' delicious! I too like broccoli in my salads but usually only find that option when I am at a salad bar, and not in pre-made salads.

    :)

    Julia
    http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete