Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day 6 - The Happy Turtle

Hello blog.

I ate nothing today.

I'm a little late with this entry. I always write my entries the day after, so I can report on a full day. I usually get it just after midnight but I had to get to bed earlier. I had just worked over 18 hours straight with hardly a bathroom break and was completely beaten.

I've had this picture of this turtle set to my desktop image for a while now, since before I started the blog.

It never even really occurred to me that it was a picture of a turtle eating until now. I always thought it more like a turtle just being a turtle.

Lately I realize it's a picture of food and of eating, and it keeps making me hungry.

I think if anything it's a good influence. The turtle is the perfect eater. No binge disorder, no empty calories. All the turtle needs now is health insurance, and we'd all wish we could be that turtle. (Not that a turtle needs it, I think they live to be a hundred or something)

At the time I'm writing this entry, I've just woken up the next day with very severe nausea. I doubt it's cold or flu, because I haven't been near anybody in the last 40 hours. I doubt it's food poisoning, because I haven't eaten anything in the last 34 hours. In these situations where I'm experiencing a fresh symptom, I usually turn into a little hypochondriac and speculate on all the forms of cancer I might now be host to. WebMD is good for that.

Nausea covers a lot of different cancers, though. Right now I'm thinking liver cancer, or stomach cancer.

I know any doctor would tell me it's just because I haven't been eating, though. And I do hope it's that simple, because I do love being alive. Even on days when I have to work 18 consecutive hours.

I took some pepto, but it didn't really help. Now I keep spitting into a big bowl I'm keeping nearby in case I throw up. The nausea is really bad right now. If it keeps like this I might have to buy some pretzels or saltines or something.

I lost more weight obviously.

It's really starting to look like a graph now. Just 6lbs away from progress photos.

Until tomorrow,
Eric

6 comments:

  1. I've read your posts of the last few days just now and don't know if you appreciate it but I don't think you're getting a healthy lifestyle this way. First you don't eat for 3 days which isn't good then you eat to much too fat meals and the next day you don't eat anything. You should have eaten the veggies which were on your plate.

    Yes you may lose weight fast this way but as you told at your introduction you binge and this kind of behaviour won't change anything of that. AFter three days of not eating everybody would binge, including me.

    This advice is meant well and I would advice you to start eating healthy instead of fasting or not eating at all.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we all have to make our own way in this world, Eric. I wouldn't chose the path you're taking, but wish you all the best with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric,

    I would have to agree with the previous two comments. This is not the healthy way. I'm afraid you may be doing more harm than good in the long run. It is your choice. I know this choice WOULD NOT work for me nor a lot of others. I do wish you all the best and would recommend you try a more healthy alternative - it's difficult but worth it and YOU'RE WORTH IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If not mistaken, you are vacilating between fasting and eating without really thinking what you are doing -- seems to me, that you have all the right intentions, but havent actually researched a sensible approach to eating that is going to allow you to eat, and lose the weight you want to get rid of, without putting yourself at risk as you so clearly are. Go to a responsible site, and if you cant plan your meals yourself, find someone who can...try www.sparkpeople.com...its free, excellent and will help you plan a regime that will keep you healthy while you lose weight. What you are attempting at the moment is going to put you back exactly where you dont want to be...courage mon brave...go have a read.
    BR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eric, as you can see, a lot of bloggers are concerned for you, and for good reason! Can you see yourself living like this for the rest of your life? Could you alternate between fasting and eating one meal of crap fast-food a day for the next 60 years? If your answer is yes, can you even imagine what kind of health issues this may cause you? Your body is receiving NONE of the nutrition it needs to survive. But for the sake of argument, say you do lose 50, 100 lbs this way. What happens when the weight is off? How do you KEEP it off? You haven't learned how to have a healthy lifestyle at all! As soon as you go back to eating your "normal" way, that is, whatever way you were eating before the fasting, one-meal plan, you will gain it all back. And then some. Believe me, when you lose weight and gain it back, it's always with some new friends.

    I cant' begin to express how distressing it is to know this is what you are doing to yourself. Please listen to the other bloggers. Try to create a healthy lifestyle that you can LIVE with forever. You may be young now, and in relatively good health because your weight hasn't had a chance to affect your body as much, but it won't be long before the affects of what amounts to malnutrition will take its toll on you.

    It's an amazing step you have taken to want to lose weight, but if you don't do it in a healthy way, you will just end up sick, weak and most likely, still overweight in the long run.

    Take some care, Eric. As Jonia said, you are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know what to say to this. I'm very angry at you right now, but pity you as well.

    I hope you find a balance and a healthy way to get where you want to go.

    ReplyDelete