Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 16 - The Evil Noodles

Hello blog.

Today was successful weight-loss wise. I had some crackers with peanutbutter, a chocolate milk, some ramen, and some Japanese candies.

It's difficult to not eat ramen and japanese candies when I've got so much of it stockpiled here, and I love ramen so much.

I just tell myself it's healthier than drive-thru.

Probably around 1200 - 1500 calories today.

No gains.

I'm starting to think about what I can safely eat from drive-thrus. I have a problem where I work so much and there's really time issues for my eating decisions. The convenience of just having some noodles and candy is too great.

But if there are certain things I could order at drive-thrus that are healthier than noodles and candy, I'd certainly be willing to try them.

McDonald's Salads? El Pollo Loco grilled chicken and vegetables?

Any ideas?

Until tomorrow,
Eric

5 comments:

  1. Definitely salads would be healthier than the noodles and candy! And of course the grilled sandwiches instead of the fried. I know it can be hard to order what's healthier instead of what you really want to eat - but over time the healthier really will become part of who you are.

    I'm glad you didn't have a gain - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to the grocery store, stock up on fresh whole foods, pack your own lunches and snacks. It will save you money and pounds. Drive through IS NOT healthy no matter which way you look at it, and those noodles will kill you too with the amount of saturated fats and salt content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, you gotta do what you gotta do. And you can eat heathly from a drive through. If you choose a salad make sure it doesn't have a lot of cheese and junk on it. Also pick a low fat, low calorie dressing. They do serve those. Also, the MickyDs hamburger--the little one with one hamburger patty--is really not too bad. Always pick the small sizes. Try to pass up the french fires and go with a side salad.

    Life comes down to choices. You just have to learn to make better choices. You don't have to go cold turkey--no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out "Eat this NOT that" at the library or buy it.

    I eat fast food at least once a week. I usually go to Taco Bell and do their Fresco menu. Wendy's has some good salads too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Eric,

    Just found your blog today and I've been blogging too including my complete recognition of my food addiction. You are not alone and it is totally correct to equate it with drugs, alcohol, etc.

    There is a way out...getting healthy physically is just a small piece...the mental side is what will keep you healthy. Just like eating, you can get addicted to dieting too. It is a similar pursuit; however at least it is a nice outcome. However, the challenge is the maintenance portion which doesn't provide the same triggers mentally. I am trying to lose a lot of weight all over again and I'm being successful, but I am still doing my best to contemplate what happens when I hit my goal.

    Stop by my blog...I think you and I have a lot in common.

    kgershman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete