Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 2 - The Green Tea Chronicles

Hello blog.

Still fasting, and for some reason I've been smelling fish sticks all day. You know how your sense of smell reaches superhero proportions when you're really hungry? I can't figure out where the smell is coming from, though. I'm thinking I might be having a smell hallucination.

The fast hasn't got me in a very good mental state right now. I find myself hating everything and just all-around annoyed with everything, especially work. Not really able to enjoy anything at the moment.

And the thought of breaking my fast doesn't appeal to me at all right now. I remember this interview with actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman where he's talking about his post-college alcoholism. He was talking about the people who are able to have just one drink, and be done, and how he could never be one of those people. He'd rather have twenty or none, just one drink had zero appeal. I feel like that with food right now. I know when I break my fast, it can't be a binge, so I don't really care to. I'd rather have nothing.

Tomorrow will be day 3 of my fast, if I feel like continuing with it. Then on Wednesday I'll be going to a matinee and lunch with some family. I'll probably end up having some popcorn, and I don't know what I'll order at whatever restaurant we go to. Something reasonable. Soup, salad and sandwich, maybe. Or maybe just a big salad. I'll get a picture of whatever I order.

Lost another 5lbs of water weight.

And I still smell fish sticks.

Until tomorrow,
Eric

1 comment:

  1. I admire your dedication. I'm glad you're still sticking to your decision to be healthier. REALLY (seriously) think you should eat. But I'm not going to judge you for it. You do your thing. I look forward to reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete